March 20, 2016
The following is data obtained from the Social Security Forum, Vol. 38, No. 2 – February, 2016. The data is for Fiscal Year 2015:
- 67% of disability applicants are denied by the Social Security Administration when they apply.
- 88% of appeals in the Reconsideration process are denied.
- When a case goes to an Administrative Law Judge, about 45% of claimants are approved.
- Appeals to the Appeals Council were denied at a rate of 83% in 2015.
- Appeals to Federal Court resulted in denial or dismissal over 50% of the time.